Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

What is your hobby?

If your day is a stressful one, you definitely need a hobby. Engaging in a hobby that you find interesting can provide you with a number of benefits.

A hobby can provide you with a free time away from your hectic work schedule and other responsibilities in life. Do you know a person who does not engage in a single hobby? If you do, it is not beneficial since engaging in a hobby that you truly love and enjoy can help lower down high stress levels. Whether you enjoy photography or simply reading books during the weekend, these hobbies can allow your mind and body to rest as well as preventing you from getting a burnout.

Hobbies where you can connect with others can serve as social support. It can bring you closer to others that share the same interest and definitely worth the time. Obviously, hobbies can incorporate a sense of pleasure since it is an activity that you genuinely love. In doing so, it can be beneficial to your overall happiness.

Ever since I heard about the Sims, it became my hobby during my younger years. It is a simulation game where you build a home for the Sims that you created. After purchasing the current Sims 3 game a few years back, it added spark to my former hobby in which I enjoyed the part where I designed houses for my Sims. It was actually addicting and it really pushed my creativity to create the ideal house. Of course, as time passed, I no longer have enough time to play the game most of the time due to family obligations and more time dedicated to my online writing work.
The Sims 3
It was truly an enjoyable game, but as a hobby, I could no longer dedicate time in playing the game. The only part of the game I am truly interested in is the building of houses.


At the present, the only activity that I can consider as a hobby is reading books and blogging once in awhile. Due to the benefits that one can gained from a hobby, I can consider taking care of my pets as one. In my case, I have guinea pigs as pets. This is a hobby for me since taking care of my cavies is truly an enjoyable activity.

Our cavies


As stated earlier, aside from my guinea pigs, I also love to read. Not just books from different authors both known and unknown, but also the latest happenings and news that has caught my interest.

With the benefits that you can gain from a hobby that you truly love and enjoy doing, it is not just a trivial activity that will waste your time. It will work wonders to both your mind and body as a stress reliever as well as pleasurable activity.

So what is your hobby?

1 comment:

  1. hi! should you find some more time, i guess you should postcrossing, u might love postcards from around the world with messages. it doesn't cost you much. sa national, powerbooks, etc.ang postcards is 1,4,12, 25, 35 lng ang cost then 13 pesos ang mail. google mo lng postcrossing pra me idea ka. :-)

    Emaniuz Collection

    ReplyDelete